Monday, January 31, 2011

WEAVING ! ! !!

OMG ! ! !  Now that I have this "new to me" rug loom warped and I started weaving a set of placemats and a table runner. .. .OMG! how I have missed weaving!  Typically, I weave very fine thread items on my 22" harrisville.  The Harrisville loom is half warped with some chenille scarves.  Although, I don't think I will become a full time rug weaver.  . . .the instant gratification is awesome!  The rag strips weave up very quickly.  Below is about 5 minutes worth of weaving!

The table runner and placemats will be about 16" wide finished.  Have not decided the length of the table runner yet.  I would anticipate, however, being completely done weaving the entire set by the end of the evening Wednesday.  I'd weave it all today, except I need to clean the barn before our "big" storm and we're having company for dinner.

From one happy, happy weaver .. . .have a great day!

No comments: