Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sheep Get BETTER Hay

Well, this is what Montgomery thinks anyway!  Montgomery is our big, spoiled gelding llama.  I feed everyone the same hay in the same order each night.  The alpacas and Montgomery seem to think the sheep get better hay, as they always have to taste it.  Anyway, the other night, I had just given the boys their hay and I turned around and was headed for the ewes pen.  When I stopped to open the gate. .. good thing I don't scare too easy. .. . .Montgomery had followed me and his head was above my shoulder, about 2" from my face!  He felt the need to taste the sheep hay just one more time and with as quietly as llamas walk, I never heard him!  What a suprise to both of us.  Of course, he looks at me as if to say "What, I'm just testing their hay".  It put a smile on my face and I laugh when I think of it.  What a goof ball he is!

The sheep have decided to spend most of their time up on their hill.  As the ground softens up and gets squishy . . .that dreaded spring MUD . .. .. they lay on their hill as if they will not get muddy up there.  They have so much wool that they look like puffy clouds that have landed.

Bruiser is sitting here, helping me type . .. always the "little" helper kitty!  For those of you who do not know him. .. . there is nothing small about him. .. well maybe his little pea brain. . .but otherwise he's about a 20 pounder.  Here is a picture of him relaxing.

Better get back to work doing something productive.

No comments: