Saturday, March 13, 2010

Knitting One Below

So, I need another knitting project . .. yea right!  That is one joy of knitting for our vendor booth - I can pretty much knit whatever I have a whim to knit.  At the Fiber Retreat, Sheila Miller shared a scarf that she had knit using the Knit One Below Method.  Basically, it is a way to knit with two colors but not have to carry the second yarn behind your work and worry about tension, etc.  The title of the book is "Knit One Below" and is written by Elise Duvekot. It is a wonderful book!  Trust me, I don't usually buy knitting books unless they are of real value to me - this one fits the bill!  It is wonderful.  Here are a couple of pictures of my first scarf.  I am using some Knit Picks yarn and it is 100% wool. I usually experiment with commercial yarn before I use my handspun yarn.


You can see the distinct color stripes and there is no yarn carried across the back.

The dyeing that I was going to do last weekend, if you happen to read that post, did not get done.  I managed to cram so much in Saturday that it was 5pm before I was going to start and that is too late.  Maybe okay for a summer evening, but not winter.  So I am going to try to get to some of that dyeing this weekend.  It is quite windy and rainy today, so I think I will take the camp stove down to the "old bunny barn" and do the dyeing inside.  The old bunny barn is in the process of being converted to a fiber dyeing shed so I can dye yarn, fleece and rovings year round.







No comments: