Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lambs!

What a wonderful suprize!  I got to leave work on time - actually at 5:00 as it should be and I was really happy about that.  It really is the little things!  Anyway, when I got home, I glanced out in the back yard and one of the ewes was facing the back of the pasture kind of bobbing her head up and down like she was eating grass. . . why does this seem odd, you might ask . .. well, there is no grass in their pasture.  So, I changed and headed out to the barn and sure enough. . Elizabeth had given birth to a beautiful black ram lamb.  I don't know if he'll stay the pretty black that he is now, but he sure is cute.  He's been up and nursing and seems to be doing well.  I'll weigh him tomorrow, turns out the sling to the scale was dirty from being in the barn and I did not want to put his clean belly in the dirty sling. .. so weight will have to wait until tomorrow.  I did pick him up and he is a solid little lamb.

Elizabeth seems to be a very attentive momma!

No comments: