Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fiber Retreat

Well, Joy and I are in full swing getting ready for next weekend.  Joy is busy cleaning her house and probably the barn.  You know the llamas need to be ready for the treat as well.  And if you know me, you know I have 16 zillion little things I want to finish for the event. (I'll get to about 10 of them, LOL)

I am busy putting together goodie bags for everyone who attends, gathering the materials for the classes and getting our vendor items around.

We're hoping to draft a couple of craft night friends to help at the retreat.

We've added a couple of new items this year .. . we're having a slide show Saturday evening featuring Joy's trip to Peru last year.  Beautiful pictures!  The weaving demo that everyone will work on, will be a shawl that we will donate to a llama fund raiser.  

We've also opened up Saturday to "Saturday Only" participants.  These fiber fanatics can come for just the day on Saturday and attend all the classes and visit with everyone else who is attending.

Our vending area is open to everyone - just stop in and shop!  The address is 1390 Co Rd 12.  I will put some sort of signage by the mailbox - cuz it just looks like a long lane to nowhere if you've never been there.

As you can imagine, we have lots to finish.  It will be worth it - it will be a great weekend relaxing, spinning, knitting, weavings, visiting with other fiber artists, great food, and lots of fun!  If you cannot join us this year, put it on your calendar for next year!

I'll post pictures and stories after the retreat!

Please send me an email (llamaluv1@yahoo.com) or post a comment here if you have any questions about the retreat.

No comments: