Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fiber Room Make Over

As you know, I've been working on getting the studio together.  The LeClerc loom moved to the basement today so I worked on the transformation of the fiber room.  The LeClerc loom was just too big for this room, I could not walk around it to warp it and it just was not user friendly.

So, as we moved items out of the cottage that our family enjoyed for over 50 years and sold it to a family with young kids to enjoy it . .. I brought home a couple special things. .. .the red and white cabinet that is in the studio and the retro aqua chair and smoking stand.  These two items were in my grandparents house, prior to being lake furniture. . ..so they are quite old.  The "barrel" chair as we always referred to it is a GREAT chair to curl up and read a book . .so what better chair to be in the Fiber reading room?  And, of course, the "matching" smoking stand is in here also.. . .

The cleaning bug is still with me, she lays dormant during the week and comes out on Friday night to spend the weekend!  We cleaned off the back porch, starting Friday night and power washed it and the siding on Saturday . . ..

This porch has not been this clean since we moved in 12 years ago today!


The new fiber room . . .an area to read and relax in my retro barrel chair - Thanks Mom!


The smoking stand, repurposed and some of my favorite pictures


The never ending dish towel warp  . . 490 ends . .. and I am at 350 done . .. another 140 to wind, then off to the studio!

Have a great week!

No comments: